SUMMER atelier in hautefort, France
3day leather course
20TH-24th of JULy 2017
24th - 28th of August 2017
12-16th of October 2017
Create your own beautiful handmade leather items, learn and develop new skills, meet fellow artisans and enjoy a blissful break at a centuries-old manor complex in the rolling French countryside.
- The workshop takes place at the private manor retreat of Fialeix in Dordogne. Fialeix is situated on a hill amid beautiful pastures and ancient oak forests, with a history dating back to before Roman times.
- A private residence run by our friends Kasia and Jason, the complex hosts various artisan courses and retreats and benefits from its own vegetable garden and orchard, as well as more than 35 acres of private pasture and woodland, which students are free to roam. There is also a swimming pool, and less than 10 minutes away is the stunning chateau town of Hautefort with shops and restaurants.
- In addition to the leather workshop itself, your course fee includes individual accommodation, all your meals and snacks, coffees, teas and so on, as well as a daily ration of local wine. Once you arrive at Fialeix, your only task is to get immersed in your leather work and relax in these soul-enrichening environs.
Price: £495.00 includes:
The course will take place over three days 20th - 24th July 2017. You will learn how to make leather goods using the finest vegetable tanned leathers and traditional hand techniques.
- During 3 days you can expect to create two items. Items to make including: a wallet, card purse, zip purse, a belt, phone case, a spectacle, for picture references look at our @leathercourse profile on instagram
- Group of 6 people, everyone receives individual tuition throughout the course
- Accommodation in own room
All meals, drinks etc. included
Transfers for flights are the responsibility of individual students – however we will happily give a competitive quote. The nearest airports are in Brive, Limoges or Bergerac. You are welcome to come earlier or stay longer.
Non refundable deposit of £200 is required on bookings and remaining balance on the day of the workshop.
For further information contact email@example.com
You can see below what other students were making on previous invididual and group workshops @leathercourse