PRIVATE LEATHER WORKSHOP
30% OFF on 1 day and 20% on 2 days only UNTIL NEW YEAR!
USE CODE: HAPPYEVE ON THE CHECKOUT
- On the course you will learn how to make leather goods using the finest vegetable tanned leathers available and traditional hand techniques.
- You have the option of booking a 2 days course over the weekend or a 1 day course on either the Saturday or Sunday
- For the two day course, You can expect to make two finished items *or if you prefer 1day course this will be one item. For example Small Purse, Clutch, Card Holder, Wallet, Belt, Phone Holder, Zip Purse, Journal Cover. ( for reference see gallery below ) We provide our patterns with a possibility of customization. This means you can choose your type of fittings, or slightly change dimensions etc.
- You are more than welcome to make your own design as well, please contact us so we can discuss project with you beforehand.
- Maximum 2 people per day. The workshop will run from 10am - 4pm
- introduction to leather work & leather tools
- working with patterns
- hand paring using a skiver
- traditional hand sewing with use of linen thread / two needles saddlery technique
- hand finishing edges with use of edge bevelers, edge creasers and edge dyes
- leather cutting and gluing
- usage of saddlery leather tools including a strap cutter, an awl, screw creasers, pricking irons, groover, mallet, edge beveler etc.
- Signing a health and safety consent form on arrival and observing our Health and Safety requirements.
- No previous leather work experience required.
The Workshop will be held within the main factory space of Blackhorse Lane Ateliers. 114B Blackhorse Lane E17 6AA Walthamstow. The nearest tube – Blackhorse Road.